Unlike renewable energy, non-renewable energy sources are hardly replenished and the resources will be depleted.
They are many arguments for and against non-renewables and global organizations are encouraging people to make a transition from non-renewable to greener energy sources.
Let’s take a look at some of the advantages and disadvantages of non-renewable energy sources to better examine our energy choices.
ADVANTAGES OF NON-RENEWABLE ENERGY
- They are affordable and abundant.
- We can prepare non-renewable supplies at almost any location.
- Non-renewables produce more power after the refinement process.
- Hugh profits can be generated in the mining and selling of coal and oil or from natural gas pipelines constructions.
- Thousands of unique products come from non-renewables.
- The global economy depends on the presence of non-renewables.
- Non-renewable energy provides a stronger energy output.
- Our current infrastructure was built specifically for non-renewable energy.
- We produce clean energy from non-renewable product.
- Fossil fuels encourage more plant growth around the world through the emission of greenhouse gas.
advantages and disadvantages of non-renewable energy
DISADVANTAGES OF NON-RENEWABLE ENERGY
- Once exhausted, they can’t be replaced or revitalized.
- The process involved from the exploring, mining, installing oil drills, down to refining the raw form, is time consuming and takes a lot of effort.
- Combustion of fossil fuel releases carbon monoxide which depletes the ozone layer and also dangerous to human health.
- Non-renewable energies lead to high levels of pollution.
- Non-renewables can be dangerous and cause respiratory problems to humans because sources like fossil fuels emit gasses such as carbon monoxide.
- Accident outbreaks in oil refineries like explosion or a fallen oil tanker can be very disastrous and claims lives of multitude.
- Coal Mining is a risky job because cutting coal releases harmful gasses making it difficult to breath resulting in a large number of respiratory diseases, injuries and deaths every year.
Despite the numerous advantages of using fossil fuels for our energy, it’s obvious that the negative effect of non-renewables outweighs its advantages.
Without an alternative source of energy, we could soon be facing a major energy crisis in the near future.
It is important to take the right action in order to make the world a better place for future generations by transitioning to greener energy sources.
Over the years, advancement in technology has made renewable energy more accessible, affordable, and efficient.
Advocating for renewables, or using them in your home, can accelerate the transition toward a clean energy future.